Bresaola con Rughetta e Scaglie Di Parmigaiano (Cured Beef with Arugula and Parmigiano-Reggiano)
From the Williams - Sonoma ROME cookbook. A delicious salad with a beautiful presentation!
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 Cups arugula leaves, tough stems removed, leaves rinsed and dried
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 16 paper thin slices bresaola about 4½ ounces
- About 1½ oz wedge Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 4 lemon wedges
- Tear the arugula leaves into a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and dress with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Toss to mix well. Add a grinding of pepper if the arugula is mild: often its own peppery taste is sufficient.
- Choose a white or light-colored serving plate or individual plates that highlight the colors of the ingredients. Arrange the slices of bresaola around the edge of the platter or plates. Place the arugula in the middle. Using a handheld cheese slicer or vegetable peeler, shave the cheese over the arugula.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper, and serve at once. Place the olive oil bottle on the table for diners to add to the bresaola. Pass the lemon wedges for squeezing over the top.